Issued: 23rd May 2018
- The London Lamppost website (londonlamppost.com) (LL Website) is a London centric cultural magazine website with a multi-user on-line element that we, Bassett JHL Limited (the Company), make available.
- It is your responsibility to ensure your computer system meets all necessary technical specifications to enable you to use the LL Website or any part of it. You are responsible for all fees in respect of your Internet connection.
- You may not use the LL website unless aged 16 or over. By using it you represent that you are that age.
Content on the LL Website
- While we take every care to ensure the accuracy of our content (unless submitted for posting by a third party) we cannot guarantee it. We make no representation of the truthfulness, accuracy, completeness, reliability, currency, quality, morality, originality or fitness for purpose of any content on the LL Website. You rely on any content posted on the LL Website at your own risk. No statement or information on the LL Website amounts to advice. Opinions expressed on the LL Website are the personal opinions of the author and do not reflect our opinions.
- You may not use any content/material, whether in whole or in part, on the LL Website unless we have given our prior written express consent to your doing so.
- We may accept and post contributions from third parties (Contributors and each a Contributor). Our acceptance and posting of any such contribution in no way constitutes the Contributor an employee or representative of the Company. We decide whether to post any content at our absolute discretion and we may change or remove it at any time without giving a reason.
- By submitting content for posting on the LL Website, including photos and embedded videos, which is covered by intellectual property rights you automatically grant us (and represent and warrant that you have the right to grant us) a royalty-free, worldwide, transferable, sub-licensable and non-exclusive right and license to:
- use, copy, reproduce, display, distribute, modify or translate that content, or create derivative works of or otherwise deal with that content, as we decide at our absolute discretion; and
- authorise third parties to use or reproduce or otherwise deal with that content.
- In submitting content for posting on the LL Website, including photos and embedded videos, you warrant that you have not been paid to write and/or submit such content to London Lamppost or any other publication. You also warrant that such content:
- is not unlawful or misleading nor infringes or violates any third party rights and/or any right or duty under any law or under any contractual or fiduciary relationship;
- is not defamatory, discriminatory, harmful, abusive, malicious, threatening, harassing, bullying, intimidating, obscene, vulgar, hateful, illegal or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable and does not breach another person’s privacy or contain nudity, graphic or gratuitous violence, and is not pornographic nor incites violence;
- does not involve or contain any viruses, worms, Trojan horses, spyware, timebombs, cancelbots or other technology which damages computer hardware, software or programming routines, or malicious code intended to detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information, and does not provide links which take LL Website users to viruses or other malicious code; and
- does not contain any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials or other communications in the nature of junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes or any other form which we, at our sole discretion, consider to be of a similar nature.
The LL Newsletter
- To receive the LL Newsletter you should complete the relevant subscription form on the LL Website. You must give true, accurate, current and complete information when you complete this form.
- While we take every care to ensure the accuracy of the content of the LL Newsletter we cannot guarantee it. We make no representation of the truthfulness, accuracy, completeness, reliability, currency, quality, morality, originality or fitness for purpose of any content on the LL Newsletter. You rely on any such content at your own risk. No statement or information in the LL Newsletter amounts to advice. Opinions expressed are the personal opinions of the author and do not reflect our opinions.
- We do not guarantee the continuous, error-free, secure or virus-free operation of the LL Website or any part of it.
- We may interrupt or suspend the LL Website or any part of it with or without prior notice for any reason or no reason.
- We shall not be liable for any interruption of or delay in the LL Website or any part of it or its failure to perform.
- We may at any time change or remove any aspect of the LL Website as we see fit at our sole discretion.
- We do not store videos on our servers. We do not accept responsibility for the content of any videos embedded in content posted on the LL Website, nor for the content, terms and conditions and policies of any website to which there is a link on the LL Website.
- We make no representation that any aspect of the LL Website is appropriate or available for use outside the United Kingdom. If you access the LL Website from a location outside the United Kingdom, you alone are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws and any repercussions of non-compliance.
- LL Newsletter: a newsletter we email to you if you have registered to receive it.