What could be better for a chocoholic than a beautiful gooey chocolate fondant? Well how about one huge sinfully gooey fondant with raspberry’s that can be shared or, more probably, hogged to oneself. And if you don’t finish it you can stick it in the fridge and it will turn into a fudgy brownie that’s irresistible.
200g 70% Dark Chocolate
290g Golden Caster Sugar
4 Eggs – beaten
1 dessertspoon Baking Powder
1 dessertspoon Coco Powder
- Heat the oven to 170°C and lightly butter a large ovenproof ceramic dish.
- Break the chocolate into a heatproof bowl and add the butter, place over a saucepan of simmering water and leave to melt. Stir occasionally. Once melted take the bowl off the heat.
- Sieve the flower into a bowl and add to it the coco powder and baking powder.
- Add the sugar to the melted chocolate and stir in. When the sugar is fully integrated, stir in the eggs until they are fully combined. Then add the flour, coco and baking powder mixture and fold it in until completely mixed in. The chocolate mix will be really thick and stiff by this point.
- Pour about 1/3 of the chocolate into the ceramic dish and spread it evenly out over the base. Then dot the raspberries on top and pour the rest of the chocolate over making sure it’s evenly distributed.
- Place the dish in the oven and cook for 25 minutes. Once cooked, allow the dish to cool for 20-30 minutes or put it in the fridge for 10 minutes before serving with double cream.