Issued: 30th October 2017
1. Our Policy
- Appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures are in place to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. But no data transmission over the Internet can be entirely secure, so we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information and/or use of the LLWebsite. Any information you send is at your own risk and may be read by others.
2. 1 and 1 Internet Limited
- The LL Website is hosted by 1 and 1 Internet Limited (1 and 1). It stores your data through 1 and 1 data storage, databases and the general 1 and 1 application. 1 and 1 follows industry standards on information security management to safeguard your personal information.
- When you use/access the LL Website, sign up to join the LL Network or to receive the LL newsletter or otherwise use the LL Website’s services, 1 and 1 obtains personal information about you. You agree to 1 and 1 obtaining (whether directly, via cookies, widgets or by other means) personal information about you, including: your name, email address, company name, phone number, IP address and device data. It needs this information to enable us to provide products and services to you and, also uses this information to improve its services.
- In certain limited circumstances 1 and 1 may be required by law to share information with third -parties. You also agree to 1 and 1 sharing personal information with any company that acquires the 1 and 1 business.
3. Working with Third-Parties
- We work with third-parties to help provide services to you. You agree to us providing your personal information to those third-parties to support these efforts and to such third-parties collecting, using, retaining and disclosing your personal information, whether collected from us or you directly, via cookies or by other means. This may involve your personal data being transferred, stored and processed outside the European Economic Area.
- When you sign up to receive the LL Newsletter you agree to our sharing your personal data with the third party providers we use in connection with providing it to you: MailMunch (https://www.mailmunch.co/privacy/) and MailChimp (https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/), and with third parties connected to MailMunch and/or MailChimp, including Facebook. Those third-parties/we/MailChimp/MailMunch may also receive personal information about you from the computer, mobile phone or other device you use to sign up to the LL Newsletter or, after signing up, to access the LL Website or otherwise interact with us.
4. Other Times Data is Received
- When you create a LL Network account or sign up for the LL Newsletter, you agree to provide the personal information we ask for. We also receive information about you when you browse the LL Website. We use Google Analytics to help us learn about who visits our site and what pages are being looked at.
- We/1 and 1/third -parties we use to provide services may also receive personal information about you from the computer, mobile phone or other device you use to access the LL Website or to otherwise interact with us.
- If you access the LL Website using an application programming interface (API) with a third- party website this may involve a third-party website transferring information about you to us/1 and 1/third-parties we use to provide services, and us/1 and 1/third-parties we use to provide services transferring information about you to that website. Your agreement with that website will determine how it uses, stores and transfers your personal information.
- Category 1: strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are needed to enable the website to provide services you require, like moving around it and using its features, such as e-billing and shopping baskets.
- Category 2: performance cookies: These cookies collect aggregated information about how people use the website and its features. They do not collect information identifying an individual. They are used to improve the website’s service and understand users’ requirements.
- Category 3: functionality cookies: These cookies enable the website to remember choices you make and so provide more enhanced features tailored to your requirements. The information they gather may be anonymised to help us/1 and 1 improve the operation of the website.
- Category 4: targeting cookies or advertising cookies: These cookies collect information on your website browsing and are used to make advertisements more relevant to you, limit the number of times you see an advertisement and measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign.
6. The LL Network
- The LL Website has a forum called the LL Network. To join the LL Network you must provide us with your name and email address and any other personal information we may request. We may share this information with buddy press and bbpress which we use to assist us in providing and managing the LL Network
- We may also share this personal information with third-parties connected to buddy press or bbpress. Those third-parties/we/buddy press/bbpress may also receive personal information about you from the computer, mobile phone or other device you use to join the LL Network or, after joining it, to use the LL Network or otherwise interact with us.
- While you are a member of the LL Network, we may use your personal information to;
- send you (by email, post or telephone) related emails or other information we think you may find interesting; or
- contact you for market research purposes.
If after joining the LL Network you decide you do not wish us to contact you in this way, you can remove yourself from the LL Network via an ‘unsubscribe’ link on any LL Network email or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at:
Bassett JHL Ltd. (re Privacy), Wilmington House, High St, East Grinstead RH19 3AU
7. Using and Sharing your Data
- We may use your personal information:
- for our internal record keeping; and
- to improve our products and services.
- We may use statistical data we receive about you for internal operations, statistical analysis, troubleshooting and otherwise improving the LL Website.
- We shall not give your personal information to a third-party without your express approval except as:
- reasonably necessary to fulfil any service request or customer support, or
- we reasonably believe is required or permitted to comply with any tax or other applicable law or regulation, or
- necessary to protect or enforce the rights, property or safety of the LL Website, its users and/or the public, or
8. Retaining Your Personal Data
- If you wish us to no longer collect, use or disclose your information at any time you can email us at email@example.com or write to us at: Bassett JHL Ltd. (re Privacy), Wilmington House, High St, East Grinstead RH19 3AU
- You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy of the personal information we hold for you. We charge a fee of £10 to supply this and we may require proof of identity before doing so.
- If you believe we are holding information about you which is incorrect or incomplete, please amend your account details accordingly on the LL website or contact us as soon as possible at email@example.com. We shall correct any incorrect information as promptly as possible.