200g cod, cubed
100g queen scallops
Small jar of cockles, cleaned and out of their shells
1 large baking potato, peeled and diced
1 onion, diced
100g smoked lardons
Handful of chopped parsley
Handful of chopped tarragon
1 bay leaf
300ml double cream
- In a medium to large saucepan place the cubed potato, milk, cream, bay leaf and a pinch of seasoning, bring the liquid to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked but firm.
- Meanwhile, fry the onions until soft in a frying pan with a tablespoon of olive oil, this will take about 5 minutes. Then add the lardons and continue to cook for 5 minutes. Add the scallops and fry for no more than 1-2 minutes – you are only trying to par cook them – then turn off the heat.
- Once the potatoes are cooked but firm, add the onions, lardons and scallops, turn down the heat so that it is no more than gently simmering and cook for a couple more minutes.
- Add the cod and half the tarragon and parsley and simmer for a further 3-5 minutes until the cod is just cooked.
- Serve with the rest of the herbs sprinkled on top.